What To Expect
Our Saskatchewan upland-bird hunting takes place on both Crown and private land scattered throughout our seemingly endless allocated hunting area. The habitat varies from rolling prairie, old farmsteads, sandy hills. slough bottoms, jack pine forest and meadows.
The hunting is generally easy walking but hunters still need to be in reasonable shape. Ask for more details, if you have concerns. If you prefer, bring your own hunting dogs to our dog-friendly lodge. We primarily target ruffed, spruce and sharp-tailed grouse. Saskatchewan’s liberal limits offer a potential to shoot more than 20 birds a day.
Day 1: Arrival Day:
Enjoy settling into a comfortable and beautiful lakefront or riverfront lodge. Accommodations include Wi-Fi, cable TV (and a hot tub at Lakeside lodge).
- Enjoy a delicious meal prepared by Chef Craig (Riverside) or Chef Lori (Lakeside)
- Welcome speech before or after supper by Lance and Emily
- Hunter meetings with your guide to go over details of your hunt, such as departure time as well as answer your questions about the hunt.
- Breakfast prepared by chef
- Pack snacks put out by chef
- Time to shower, get dressed and meet your guide
- Morning hunt: 4 hours
- Return to lodge for lunch and down time
- Afternoon hunt: 4 hours
- After hunt, arrive at lodge, get washed up and prepare to relax
- Your guide will clean your birds and prepare any trophies to take home.
Days 3: Repeated schedule as Day 2
Days 4: Hunt/Departure Day
- Morning Hunt only: 4 hours
- Return to lodge for lunch
- Pack up. Your guide will help you load and label your meat and trophies for travel.
- Depart for Saskatoon or Edmonton